As a dental professional choosing a lab, you’re looking for convenient, reliable service and quick turnaround. You’ll be pleased to know that Watersedge Dental Lab delivers—literally! We offer efficient pick-up and delivery for your cases throughout Ottawa and the rest of Canada.
Pick-Up & Delivery Process
- When an Ottawa client calls for a pick-up, we dispatch one of our in-house drivers to pick up the case, for instance, an EMA appliance.
- Once fabrication is complete, our administration department issues a bill and packages the case, which is then added to the driver’s manifest for the day.
- Cases in most of the National Capital Region are hand-delivered by our own drivers.
- For dental clinics outside the Ottawa area, we coordinate pick-up and delivery with Purolator or other courier services.
- Sometimes, dentists prefer to stop by our office themselves because they’re consulting with our technicians — perhaps regarding digital dentistry procedures. We’re always open to that idea.
Estimated Turnaround Schedule
We follow a few general rules for pick-up, depending on the nature of the case. Several types of orders are classified as “rush” — for instance, same-day repairs for dentures or wet impressions, which are very time-sensitive and have to make it to our lab in under 3 or 4 hours. We do not like to let anything sit longer than it needs to because time is of the essence.
Here is a chart of our dental laboratory delivery turnaround times.
Where We Deliver
Using our in-house couriers, we cover most of the National Capital Region, all the way to Navan in the east and Carp in the west. Currently, we are working on an expansion, piloting a project to go as far as Kingston and Kemptville for dental lab services. And with the outside delivery service, we go all over Canada; we’ve even delivered to the United States.
Our Couriers & Packaging
At Watersedge, we pride ourselves on a high level of customer care. In line with that approach, we utilize well-thought-out packaging guidelines because we deal with very costly sensitive materials. All our boxes are extremely sturdy — virtually indestructible — and we use plenty of bubble wrap, so the cases don’t get jostled!
When a practice has a particular shipping-related concern, we always address it right away. We are more than willing to try new approaches and tailor the shipping process to how each office requests their cases.
In addition, we specially train our courier drivers to be courteous, respectful, and discreet when they go into a dental practice. They don’t disturb the patients. And of course, they follow all Public Health Ontario instructions.
Why Clients Trust Our Delivery Services
Why choose Watersedge? There are lots of good reasons, such as the fact that:
- We strive to meet all the requirements of your practice. We respect the clinician’s and the patient’s time.
- We take great care in the packing of our cases.
- There’s no additional cost for delivery. We don’t believe in delivery fees.
- We make sure all cases are there by the appointment time — if not early.
- We have resources in case something goes wrong. For example, if a driver is inundated with cases one day, Rob, Sean, or another manager will jump in the car to take care of whatever’s needed. Other labs may not have the resources to rush across town for delivery at a moment’s notice, but we do. And our clients find that very, very useful.
- I think what most sets us apart is the high level of care and attention to detail. In everything we do, we offer efficient, personalized service with a smile. You can’t see the smile right now because of the masks, but it’s there.
Are you interested in the Watersedge outstanding level of service for your practice? Let’s discuss how we can work together.